Minnloco welcomes people from all paths of life
Society tends to put us in boxes. Sometimes, we don't fit in those boxes. Whatever your deviation from the norm, we're committed to making you feel comfortable and welcome at Minnesota Long Con. On this page we've attempted to address some things that might come in handy for you, but we also strongly encourage you to reach out so that we can work with you to accommodate your needs.
Minnloco has a scholarship fund that generous participants donate to. Help is available. If you need a little help to make attending Minnloco possible, please contact us with what you need. We will do our best to grant your request, no questions asked. Travel expenses, lost wages, a bed, ticket price, whatever, we'd like to help you get here. (Want to donate to the Scholarship? Go here!)
At the risk of getting repetitive, whatever you need! Please open a dialogue with us about any accommodations you need. Below are some quick bullets that might answer some questions, as well as a few shots of the venue to give you a better idea about the space.
- The venue is in a school, so there are accessibility ramps and wheelchair accessible bathrooms
- Unfortunately, the con house is not designed to acoomodate walkers or wheelchairs. If you need help subsidizing the cost of a more accessible hotel, please don't hesitate to ask.
- The tables will be in a large, open space, so we are bringing in white noise machines to help reduce cross-chatter
- The space is reasonably well-lit, but we will have flashlights on hand for targeted lighting as needed
- Meal plans are made with vegetarians and gluten sensitivities in mind. If you have other food restrictions, please let us know.
- There is an area with a couch or two near the coffee makers that will be separated by a screen for a bit of a quiet area. When the kitchen is not in use, that can also be used as a quieter space. Otherwise, the grounds are absolutely lovely and, weather permitting, excellent for taking a breather
- If you have any questions or concerns in real time during the con, people excited to help you will be identified during announcements, as well as be identified as organizers on their badges.